1895 First lectures on Unitarianism delivered in Lewisham

1896 Congregation formed under the guidance of the LDUS

1897 Formal founding of the church under Rev. W. W. C. Pope

1903 Sion House purchased in December for £2,200

1910 Unitarian Halls opened by Sir E. Durning Lawrence, 25 June, 25 June

1913 Small shop adjoining Sion House acquired for £375

1917 Sion House damaged by Silvertown munitions explosion, 19 January

1922 211 Gorge Lane purchased to accommodate the Minister's family

1924 Grand Japanese Bazaar held, 6-7 November

1927 Church affiliated to the League of Nations

1929 211 George Lane sold for £700 following the departure of the Minister

1935 25th anniversary of the opening of the Halls marked by special services, 23-25 June

Curch became a separate branch of the League of Nations

1940 The Halls and Sion House badly damaged by bombing, 4 November

1941 The Halls virtually destroyed by bombing, 19 March

1952 Re-built Church Halls officially opened 29 March

1953 Church magazine revived after a lapse of 13 years

1959 The first Christmas Day party for lonely old folk

1961 Formal opening of the chapel conversion by the Mayor of Lewisham (Cllr M.R. Butler), 4 February

1963 First Lewisham Festival of Living Arts, 22-23 June

1964 Second Festival of Living Arts attended by its patron, Sir Adrian Boult, who conducted a Bach Chorale, 27 June

1968 Last service held at the Chapel (small Hall), 10 November

          First service held at 41 Bromley Road, 17 November

          10th Christmas Day party for lonely old folk held in concert with St. Laurence Church, Catford in their hall

1969 Meeting House in Bromley Road, Catford officially opened by Mrs Amy Howarth (General Assembly President), 1 February

1973 Mayor & Mayoress of Lewisham attended special service for the 5th anniversary of Tony Cross's Ministry, 4 February

1978 FOY Society Easter Conference at the Meeting House, 27 March

1987 Meeting House damaged in October hurricane

1992 Marriage of Elizabeth Kendall and Rev Ashley Hills at the Meeting House, 23 May

1994 Special service on 13 February to mark the 25th anniversary of the opening of the Meeting House, attended by the Mayor of Lewisham. Also a special exhibition mounted in Catford Library

1997 Proposed celebration in May of the centenary of the founding of the church, to include special service and other events

2012 Lewisham Unitarians march at the World Gay Pride

2013 The website lewishamunitarians.org.uk is launched

         Lewisham Unitarians members vote unanimously to apply for a license to conduct same sex weddings on the premises

2014 Lewisham Unitarians is the first place of worship to be granted a license to conduct same sex wedding ceremonies in the borough of Lewisham

Our Family Album

2013: Celebrating the community's decision to apply for a licence to perform same sex weddings.

Standing outside the Meeting House with former pastor John Carter (back left) and former minister Rev Ashley Hills (back right)